30.4.12


So, with MUCH excitement and anticipation, we have THREE exciting announcements! Maybe they are equal, and maybe they are not. And maybe the third announcement has nothing to do with Ben.
We are NOT pregnant. :) I knew you were thinking that.
How should I order these? Chronologically, of course. 
Number one: By the loving and attentive hands of God, I have been given the opportunity to work with children who are victims of the sex industry. Seriously, all glory to Jesus for His passion for redemption and reconciliation. Without Him, my life would be entirely broken. About four years ago, God began to put prostitutes, strippers, and women who are victims of sex trafficking on my heart and mind pretty often. Now, years later, all of that dreaming has come to fruition. My heart is overwhelmed and deeply excited about what is to come. Isn’t God so good for giving us the desires of our hearts? The fact that I had to wait several years for this opportunity makes me realize how huge God is, and how higher His thoughts are than mine. His timing is truly beautiful. 
Numero deux: After a lot of prayer and waiting, Ben walked through an open door to apply to work for the Houston Police Department in addition to his job with the Reserves! Thus far, the interview process is going so well, and it’s looking very likely that he will be hired! This possible job is right up his alley, and we are excited to see what it could lead to! So, really, this is a quasi-announcement. I tricked you. 
Number Three: I am finally caving in and starting a fashion blog. Hooray! I know you’re as excited as I am. Seriously, I’ve been wanting to do this for some time now, and after some encouragement, I’m just going to start. Fashion interests me more than most things. It hasn’t always been this way...maybe it’s living in a large city? Or being married to a cowboy? Either way, I’ve started to really enjoy the challenge of creating outfits and helping others do so on a low budget. Now, let me balance this out. I’m not fashionable everyday, and I find great joy in The T-shirt. This is why I’m only going to post twice a week. 
Now, this is where you come in, my fashion forward readers. What questions do you have about clothes? What fashion-related things would you be interested in reading about?
That’s it! We are deeply excited about what God has made possible. And I’m completely excited to start sharing outfits with the internet community. And I’m sure Ben is, too. 

1 comment: